Just remember you have to close and re-open IFOEdit to see the updates. Simply opening the same files again without closing and re-opening will not show the current saves.
Also make sure your IFO's are not read only.
I had the same problem. I had three .IFO files in the VIDEO_TS directory. Each time I saved the file, I closed IfoEdit and opened it again to check the results. They didn't take. Finally, after many, many tries, I did the following. Please read all of the following before you start:
1. Backup ALL of your .IFO and .BUP files from the VIDEO_TS directory to another directory, just in case you screw up (like I did) and have to pull the files off the DVD again.
2. Copy the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP to a temporary directory (not the directory from #1 above).
3. Use DJ's method to make the modifications to the .IFO file and save the .IFO and .BUP files.
4. Close IfoEdit and reopen it and open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. The changes should have taken.
5. Move the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files back to the original directory, overwriting the old ones.
6. Close IfoEdit and reopen it again. This time, copy the next "set" of .IFO and .BUP files to the temporary directory. In my case, that was VTS_01_0.IFO and VTS_01_0BUP.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 using the next set of files until you have modified all of the .IFO files.
Also try saving the modifications first, close IfoEdit, reopen it and the .IFO file I was just working on, AND THEN clicked the "Region free" button, then saved the files again.
Last update: 11:01 PM Sunday, November 13, 2005