Each editing application is different and may even come with a specific plugin for this effect (such as Pure Motion Edit StuThis is a generic, quick and dirty way to create the effect:
1) First you need editing software with at least two video tracks (layers)
2) Export as still of your video to act as a guide
3) Draw around the area you want censored in black, leaving just the persons face, number plate etc showing
4) Import this back into your editing application. Place above the video in the layer above the track in your timeline.
5) Apply a luma matte to this still.
6) Expand the still to cover the length of video you want to censor.
7) Apply a blur or noise filter to the still.
8) Key frame movement and size as necesary.
Last update: 03:28 PM Wednesday, January 3, 2007