We came across a decent video on TikTok that had some potential to be better.
It’s a video ad for a small, roadside BBQ pop-up restaurant in California. After watching the original, we thought it could use some extra spices from our success formula to give it a little more “flavor”!
What was added:
- A catchier, more manly tune that appeals to target audience
- Colorization to makee the food look jucier
- Edited out shots that didn’t make the food look as appetizing
- Added stock footage of juicy, mouth-watering, smokey, ribs on the grill
- Reduced the speed on some of that footage
- Zoomed in on the product while leaving out the ugly green glove handling the food (noticed how we added the TikTok logo back in?)
- Added social proof in the end (the opening shot could have had more people around the tent too)
- Added a catchy slogan (which is on the outside of their tent)
- Added a clear call to action that lasts longer
- Added scarcity psychology tactic – “only open Fri-Sun night” (scarcity)