Here’s how Top Brands are using TikTok to generate more brand awareness and sales.
Beginning with TikTok Ads
TikTok is a trending platform, it’s in a growth bubble. In this stage, TikTok Ads can generate a lot of word-of-mouth more than other social media platforms. A current Tiktok Ads report Show that Users on Tiktok are 37% more likely to purchase than other platform users.
Here’s how to get the most out of Tiktok Ads!
Dropping Cost Cap
With TikTok Ads, you need to first test your Ad sets like Facebook or Google Ads. To figure out your best CPA with current demographics.
When you have found the best Ad set, run an Ad with Accelerated Budget like $1k. Then, lower your Cost Cap to the lowest possible means at a rate where your Ad can run!
What will happen? With this Tiktok will try to spend as low as possible and deliver the same results.
This works very well but sometimes Ads stop due to really low CPA setup. Then, try to raise CPA by a little budget raise!
Why Keeping CPM low on Tiktok is the best strategy?
- It’s because of the audience definition. It’s a growing platform and the new users are joining and they have undefined interests that algorithm might not have defined. This happens with most platforms in the beginning. That’s the reason most of the advertisers in the beginning got the best results in the beginning of Facebook, Instagram and major platforms.
- Setting a low CPM is not a bad idea and it generates more brand awareness.
- When your Average Ad CPM starts to rise, you should try to create a brand new pixel and switch the old one. This worked for us and it’s a great tactic.
Never download and run Videos by creators about your brand as Ads
The best process is to reach out to the creator about using the Content and use Spark Ads to get the most out of the organic reach and paid Ad Spending. Uploading creative from your own Tiktok Account or your partnered influencers is the best thing to do to get more out of Spark Ads!
UGC Content That Works
- 1. You need to train Creators about your content formats. It seems like a small world when reaching out creators, until you talk to them and realise they don’t have the trends and products on their feed that you want them to create content for that’s why you need to train them. Train them what? You have done your market research and know your audience and competitors. The creator is unknown it’s them. That’s why, You need to guide the creators about your competitors and content formats supposed to go viral.
- I recommend creating an influencer Kit to help the creator with Content creation for you.
- Angles and timelines, to get more out of one-piece of UGC content. Edit the Content in capcut or any desired editor. Have at least more than 2 version of Ad with same content with slight change in transitions or timelines.
- Don’t ask Creators to replicate their most viral piece of content because that might not work for you. Most of the time it looks not real and connecting to the audience.
- Real UGC connects with Users with a storyline and copy that makes them buy. Storyline and copy is dependent on you, the tone of your story is in hands of creators.
- Both need to have a positive approach!
Organic Growth On Tiktok with No UGC
Achieving 1,000 mark on Tiktok is really important for anyone looking to sell something to the audience because you can’t add link in profile before reaching that milestone. Here’s how to reach your first 1k, 10k, and then 100k TikTok Followers!
- Tiktok have a User-friendly Feed not creator-friendly: That means focus on CTAs. What I mean by not creator friendly is most users don’t leave a follow sometimes due to fast pace of the content and short attention span of users. That’s why focus on adding “Follow for more” or “watch next part” these type of CTAs in the end!
- Consistency: Try to be more consistent with your content and build a consistent loop of content to hook people to follow you for a certain type of content. You can study if a platform rewards consistency or not by looking at stage of Theme pages on Tiktok. Movie Theme-pages are growing everyday with a replica content. That means you will have an advantage because you have consistency + original content.
- Using Hooks To Make People Stop and Watch!
You need to sound relatable to Gen-Z to make them follow you and buy your product. That’s why use Hooks that might make them stop. Here are few Hooks that worked for me and you can use them too!
- I wanted to gatekeep this, but it’s too good not to share
- My Toxic Trait is X and this X product fulfils it.
- Name something you recently found and wish you knew earlier!
- Here’s a lazy hack to get things down (+ product link) or another similar hook is how I get more done as a lazy designer or marketer (+ Product linking).
- I’m not gonna lie, this might be the best product on Amazon or Tiktok!
- You may not know this but it’s actually possible!
- Start with your hook with Why. It’s the most effective but you need to give an effective “Why” to make them stop!
Use any hook make it relatable with using a popular Hook format like one from above and that will make people watch!
Not this: “Stop scrolling” and “Stop this” or that! That doesn’t work and is annoying.
TikTok lives are a great way to grow followers and sell products!
It’s all about making them more interactive through guiding your audience to launch emojis and do this interactive action to connect with you.
These lives show randomly on many feeds and they are organic. It’s not limited to just your followers. That’s why try to go live more and more to gain new followers and build engaged following!
Adapt to Niches
When you are on Tiktok, you are not on just Tiktok. You are living on a part of Platform that’s unknown to other people. That’s why when creating content for a niche, you need to adapt to keywords and content style used in the content more often in your niche than others. It can be like your niche have content with words like sick and it’s not aligned, going viral. Then, you should adapt to those words to increase chances of going viral!
Ending with Trends I have noticed with Tiktok
I have tracked Tiktok updates for a last 6 months. It’s going to be the best platform for DTC brands and e-commerce brands. The Chinese version of Tiktok is filled with product integrations that will make Tiktok the best when launched.
Apart from that, Tiktok have launched many new tools for advertisers like Attribution manager for Tiktok Ads and Creative Tools to help advertisers find trending content on Tiktok within their niches with a single search.
I hope you liked this TikTok Guide, can’t call it a guide. I tried to keep it short and valuable. If you found it valuable, You will love this weekly newsletter where I cover Tiktok and social media updates + Cover Marketing Strategies that worked well!