Jennifer asks: I’m a small business owner who is engaging with my Facebook audience using Facebook LIVE. I have an Android smartphone, log in to Facebook and click “go live” – nothing special but I would like the stream to be more professional looking. Is there an app that could add titles, music and photos or videos while I’m live streaming? I would also like to just record content with the same quality and posting the videos to my timeline later.
Unfortunately, there is no one magic app that can do ALL the professional level bells and whistles you desire from a smartphone. If you switch over to an iPhone or iPad – there are a few apps that can do the trick and plenty of options if you decide to install desktop software on a Mac or PC- but that would be a topic for another post.
For this post we’re going to focus in on three great apps for your Android that can use to spruce up your Facebook LIVE streaming video and make it more interesting plus 4 additional apps you can use to edit raw video into a masterpiece to upload direct to Facebook direct from your smartphone.
Live screen for Facebook
Live stream your smartphone’s screen direct to Facebook LIVE quickly and easily, in a matter of seconds.
Just login with your Facebook account, choose your audience (page, friends or public), and you are ready to go. Everything on your screen will be presented as a live streaming video, right away.
Additionally, you will enjoy advanced technology for adaptive bitrate, which resolves the worst problem in live broadcasting. It eliminates the choppy streaming by minimizing the dropped frames, while getting the best possible video quality in ever changing internet congestion. This is achieved by automatic bandwidth detection and adjusting the bitrate according to the current network conditions.
Add an overlay, switch between camera and your smartphone’s screen, broadcast instantly to Facebook LIVE.
BitStream uses efficient hardware-accelerated video encoding to prolong battery life. This means some devices will act much better than others. Ways to save battery while streaming: decrease camera source resolution to stream resolution, disable on-screen camera preview and “detect rotation”, decrease screen brightness, turn the screen off (stream will go on).
- Multiple RTMP generic streaming up to 4K@60 fps (if device supports it); publish to Facebook Live, Wowza, Nginx, Red5, FMS, and any other service.
- Switch cameras/screen without stopping.
- Share a single encoder for multiple RTMP sessions, record it in FLV/MP4, broadcast it to local network via HTTP or to a Google Cast target such as Chromecast or Android TV.
- Adaptive bitrate: video quality is decreased on slow networks instead of dropping frames.
- Create custom encoders – AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 (if supported), with AAC audio.
- Encode 2160p 4K UHD @ 60 fps (on supported devices).
- Shake to start and/or stop encoder – record your favorite game or app without having to post-edit the first and last seconds.
ManyCam turns your smartphone into a professional video switching studio for Facebook LIVE. Switch from camera to a photo to a short video and right back to the camera again all with a few clicks.
• Use the app in conjunction with the ManyCam webcam software to connect multiple mobile devices & smartphones to your ManyCam account and use them as cameras to stream from multiple angles around the world.
• Add custom RTMP streaming to stream to other services simultaneously while on Facebook LIVE.
• Use up to 4 screens to switch easily your media files (records & images) or your cameras on your device (front or rear) when you are live streaming.
• Apply effects and filters to your video streams to enhance them in real time.
So, Jennifer, now you’re ready to just edit raw video on your smartphone and make it all into something worth watching on Facebook— whether those moments are personal or you’re looking to drum up sales for your business, here are 4 great apps to help make sure you’re video looks amazing.
Record video from your phone and use PowerDirector to edit that video and upload it to Facebook.
PowerDirector is the best video editor app with powerful timeline video editing, free video effects, slow motion, reverse video & more! Create great action movie effects & voice over to produce 4K movies and share them on social media!
Full HD movie maker power comes to your phone, with stunning video effects, smooth transitions, & voice over for video. Rotate, split or trim video to make a movie with Full HD picture using simple video FX, transitions, a custom voiceover or audio soundtrack.
KineMaster can also be used to edit that video for Facebook. This is the only full-featured professional video editor for Android, supporting multiple layers of video, images, and text, as well as precise cutting and trimming, multi-track audio, precise volume envelope control, color LUT filters, 3D transitions, and much more.
For professionals and amateurs alike, KineMaster offers an unprecedented level of control over the mobile editing process, and for artists and educators, handwriting layers allow you to draw directly on the video (also handy for storyboarding!).
Movavi Clips is a handy tool for creating memorable movies on your mobile device then upload them to Facebook: make video memories of your friends and relatives, family holidays and journeys, pets, and more.
Exclusively for Videolicious Enterprise users.
Designed to make high quality video creation even easier and faster! Instantly weave together interviews, videos, photos, music and more into a sophisticated video production—in seconds. Just talk and tap—or watch and tap—to make the perfect video. Already an essential app for journalists at the world’s biggest newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations, as well as marketing and sales professionals, educators, and students, Videolicious can help anyone unlock the power of video to tell incredible stories.